Thursday, April 21, 2011

Honeyed Goats Cheese Crostinis


These crostini's were the product of an accident. Whilst making them for a drinks party at home I enlisted the help of my sister, and  whilst pouring in the honey to the cheese mixture, I asked my sister to tell me when to stop (she is crostini queen), she kept saying 'loads, loads', which I interpreted as 'loads more'; not realizing what she meant was, 'thats loads, stop'!!!! It was too late to start again so we made do and the result was a creamy, sweet and salty mixture....delish!!!

Ingredients


  • 1 large french baguette, sliced on the diagonal
  • 1 packet of goats cheese with herbs
  • 50g of chopped walnuts
  • 'loads' of runny honey (judge by taste)
  • Chopped chives/parsley to decorate

Method

  1. Place the sliced bread on a baking sheet and put into a preheated oven of 200 degrees
  2. Turn the bread after 5 mins and toast for another 5 mins
  3. In a large mixing bowl combine the cheese, nuts and honey stirring for a smooth consistency.
  4. Dollop small amounts evenly on the slices of bread and return to the oven for 5-8 mins.
  5. Place the crostinis on a serving platter and scatter with some chopped chives or parsley.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

This sounds lovely - a lucky accident! I'm a sucker for anything with a salty + sweet flavour.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...