Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rocket Pesto


I made this in a panic this evening, as when I went to the fridge to get my Salca basil pesto, I was disgusted to discover, it has gone off. With my pasta already down and my salmon near ready, I'd to think fast. I had no basil, nor any Parmesan in the house......determined to still make a salmon pesto pasta dish, this is how I came up with Rocket Pesto!!![as this was made in a panic my measurements are sketchy]

Ingredients

  • Juice of lemon
  • 2 large handfuls of rocket
  • 1 clove of garlic chopped
  • salt/pepper
  • 3 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1 small splash of balsamic vinegar
  • 2 oz of dry fried pine nuts
Method
  1. Add lemon juice, oil, garlic, rocket, salt and pepper into blender and whizz until smooth
  2. Taste at this stage to check for seasoning, whether needs more oil, or juice
  3. Add the nuts and whizz again
  4. Add a small splash of balsamic vinegar to taste, and whizz one last time.
  5. This should keep well in the fridge for a week, though I doubt it will survive that long!!!!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...