Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chocolate Puff Pastry Balls


I made these little sweet treats this morning for my guests, as many of them have been with us now for a few days and I wanted to bake something different for them from the muffins I've been making daily.
The little pastries actually just took minutes to prepare, and only 20 minutes to cook in the oven. I'm almost embarrassed at how easy they are to make, and calling it 'baking' I think is probably a stretch!!!


Nonetheless they are soooo good. I normally do not eat any of my breakfast baking when doing B&B (if I did I'd wobble continuously), but I could not resist these little puppies this morning. They were gobbled up in minutes, will have to make double next time.
These balls are being served as a sweet breakfast treat, however it would be a great idea also to tart them up a little and serve them hot from the oven with some vanilla ice-cream as an easy dinner party dessert.

Makes 12

Ingredients

  • 1 sheet of ready made puff pastry (defrosted if frozen)
  • 12 tsps of chocolate hazelnut spread (i.e. Nutella)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp of oil 
  • Icing sugar to dust


Method

  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
  2. Cut the puff pastry sheet in 12 even squares
  3. Brush a mini muffin tray with oil
  4. Place each square in each greased muffin hole
  5. Place one teaspoon of the chocolate spread in the centre.
  6. Fold down all the corners of the pastry.
  7. Brush with the beaten egg
  8. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
  9. Cool on a wire rack and then dust with icing sugar. (do not put the sugar on too early or the heat will melt it)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...