Friday, May 9, 2014

Baked in 60 Seconds - Paleo Chocolate Mug Cake


I bake! I bake everyday and having started the paleo diet, not being able to sample my cakes and baking was a worry. You have to test everything you bake for your guests in the B&B, right?! Cue, husband! My testing guinea pig. But I do find it hard to resist a muffin, or brown bread, or dare I say it...Chocolate Cake.



 I went to the health shop today and bought some coconut flour, and wanted to put it to use without having to bake a whole cake. I remember a Chocolate Mug Cake trend from a few years back, and I thought why not. It will be made in literally minutes, I'll have road tested the coconut flour.....and I'll have that chocolate hit I've been craving.  Having researched a bit about regular chocolate mug cakes, I've made mine using subsitutes for non-paleo ingredients. It's not melt in your mouth delicious and it certainly isn't as amazing as it would be using regular ingredients, lets be honest! But in terms of maintaining diet and getting that guilt free chocolate hit, it ticks every box. Its really coconuty, which I love. If I was a rule breaker I'd dollop some ice-cream on top..... I made my batter in a bowl and then poured into the mug, to avoid making a mess.



Makes 1 mug cake

Ingredients

  • 1.5 tbsp of coconut flour
  • 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
  • 2 tbp of honey
  • 4 tbsp of almond milk
  • 1 tbsp of coconut oil
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tbsp of almond butter



Method

  1. Beat the egg in the bowl, add rest of ingredients, except the butter, and whisk to incorporate everything.
  2. Pour the batter into your mug
  3. Place the almond butter in the centre of the batter
  4. Cook in the microwave for 60 seconds.
  5. Allow to rest for 30 seconds before digging in.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...