Monday, July 4, 2016

Chocolate Caramel Bites - Speedy Sweet Canapes


This post isn't even a recipe, I couldn't call it that, as these bites are just a simple assembly job. In saying that they taste amazing, too good not to share! I love to have something nice and sweet greeting all my guests arriving to the Bed and Breakfast. Sometimes I have time for cupcakes or brownies,  but there are some busy days when I don't have enough time for anything other that pimping up melted chocolate!

For these little bites from heaven, I use all butter shortcrust pastry case from Marks and Spencers. I have made these from scratch before using shortcrust pastry, but these shop bought ones are great, especially if you are on a time budget

A staple in everyone's pantry should be Nestle's Carnations Caramel Sauce, it's awesome! So good in so many treats.

The final ingredients were some dark chocolate and some candy sprinkles. Here's the assembly recipe!



Ingredients

  • 1 can of Carnation Caramel
  • 1 100g bar of good dark chocolate 
  • Sprinkles
  • Ready made mini  all butter shortcrust pastry cases



Method


  1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts
  2. Place 1/2 tsp of carnation caramel in each pastry case
  3. Pour 1/2 tsp of melted chocolate over the caramel and place your sprinkle of choice on the melted chocolate.
  4. Put in the fridge for 20 minutes and they are ready to eat.


Perfect for a tea party, last minute guests, or a canape for a drinks party. I myself put them on a table in the hallway of my Bed and Breakfast, so chocolate is the first thing that my guests see when they walk through the door.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...